The Ontario government will allow certain businesses to reopen under the auspices of workplace safety guidelines. If they adhere to health and safety guidelines issued by the province, the following businesses will be allowed to reopen:
- Garden centres and nurseries, with curbside pick-up and delivery only
- Lawn care and landscaping
- Essential construction projects that include: shipping and logistics, broadband, telecommunications and digital infrastructure, projects which support the improved delivery of goods and services, municipal projects, colleges and universities, child care centres, schools, and site preparation for institutional, commercial, industrial, and residential development
- Automatic and self-serve car washes
- Auto dealerships, open by appointment only
- Golf courses may begin to prepare their courses for the upcoming season, but not yet open to the public
- Marinas may begin preparations for the recreational boating season by servicing boats and other watercraft and placing boats in the water, but not open to the public. Boats and watercraft must be secured to a dock in the marina until public access is allowed.
- The full announcement can be read HERE.