Ward 14 Environment Day is on Saturday, April 23rd from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Come out to Sorauren Park along Wabash Ave south of Dundas St W and join in to Reuse, Recycle, and Safely Dispose!
Bring your used or unwanted electronics, household hazardous waste, fluorescent bulbs, unused medications, batteries, propane tanks, and oils to be safely removed.
Please do not bring: construction waste, gasoline, garbage, wood, cassette and videotapes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
If you require a replacement Green Bin to last until the arrival of the forthcoming new bins can exchange theirs for a reconditioned replacement.
Donate to schools for reuse:
* Yarn, knitting needles, sewing notions, buttons and keys
* Children’s books, musical instruments
* CD’s, CD cases, 35 mm cameras
* Costume jewellery including broken, old watches
* Arts and crafts supplies (pencils, crayons, markers, etc.)
* Corks, cork boards, clipboards
* Dress up clothing (costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
Donate for reuse:
* Sporting goods (skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
* Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
* Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
* Small household items (dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
* Textiles in good condition (clothing, linens, etc.)
* Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
All donated items must be in very good condition.
Leaf compost (limited to one cubic metre per household) is available for pickup as well, while supplies last.
In addition to the above available compost, Councillor Perks has arranged for three (3) additional compost drop locations:
* April 28th – Masaryk Cowan Community Centre; 220 Cowan Ave at 3:00 pm
* May 14th – Indian Road Crescent Public School parking lot at 8:00 am
* May 14th – The corner of MacDonnell Ave and Wabash Ave at 10:00 am