We now have an overabundance of development proposals happening along Queen St. W. in Parkdale. All but two are exceeding the 20m-height limit (6-storeys) of the proposed OPA #445 that was recommended at TEYCC in March of this year.
Seven years have been spent working on a West Queen West Area Study and Heritage Conservation Districts studies by two local BIAs, seven local Community Associations, property owners, retailers and hundreds of area residents – not to mention all the City staff and Councillors time. When is the Official Plan Amendment (OPA) #445 going to be approved? https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/8fe2-CityPlanning-DRAFT_WQW_SASP_for_2019-10-17_CCM1.pdf
The whole idea back in 2014 of an Area Study (& HCDs) was to get all the work required done ahead of the developments along Queen St. W. that had stalled at Dufferin Street.
It is time to stop tinkering and being sidetracked. Unfinished work serves no one.
The following development plans have started since the HCD’s were drafted and are now awaiting City Council approval. These developers are aware of all this public effort and are discounting it. You can click on this link and type in the address to review each application in detail – http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do.
- 1266 Queen St. W. & Noble – additional 2-storeys on top of existing 2-storeys [in Parkdale HCD]
- 1296-1314 Queen St. W. – the Parkdale Hotel north of Rhino Tavern (7-storeys + townhouses on Noble) [in Parkdale HCD]
- 1360 Queen St. W. & Brock – commercial + 117 resident units (9-storeys) [in Parkdale HCD]
- 1375 Queen St W. & Close – On a vacant lot, commercial + 46 residential units, no parking (8-storeys) [in Parkdale HCD]
- 1437 Queen St W. – demolition requested – interesting house just south-west of Lansdowne [not in Parkdale HCD]
- 1488 Queen St. W. & Macdonell – currently Guardian Drugs, commercial + 29 residential units, 3 parking spaces (6-storeys) [in Parkdale HCD]
- 1521 Queen St W. & Callender – currently Queen Hotel, commercial + 78 residential units, no parking (8-storeys) [not in Parkdale HCD.
Ask your City Councillor Gord Perks to PASS these HCDs and SSAPs ASAP (@GordPerks or firstname.lastname@example.org).