Kingsett Capital is proposing a 9-storey terraced mixed-use development containing 117 units with ground-floor commercial uses and a community hub space. The property is currently a 2-storey mixed-use building (previously Designer Fabrics store).
Kingsett is holding a virtual community meeting to present its preliminary proposal for the site.
There is presently a proposal making its way through the City process, with many years of Community, Planning, Heritage and City Councillors’ involvement, to change the current 14m (3.5-storey) height limit along Queen West to 20m (6-storeys). This developer may be unaware of all this public work or is discounting it. This property also sits to the North of the proposed Parkdale Hub project (at Queen & Cowan – Library, Community Centre, 1313 Queen).
Councillor Perks and City Planning staff will be in attendance. We kindly ask that you join to share your comments.
Place: Webex Event: https://bit.ly/3bIaqyQ
- Enter your name and email address
- Password (only if prompted): queenbrock
- Click Join Now to enter the session using the desktop app
- Click Join by browser to use a web browser
- If you do not have the Webex desktop app already installed, you will be prompted to install it OR simply add a web browser extension