YOUR GO TO PLACE FOR INFORMATION ON PARKDALE
Get involved in your community! Come out and meet your neighbours at a residents association meeting (see the events listings on our home page), or sign-up right now for one of these three options:
- Become a PRA member to support the association and be able to vote at meetings.
- Volunteer for the PRA to get out on the street and do some work for Parkdale.
- Join our e-list to receive notices of PRA events.
It’s worth getting involved with your residents association. Here’s why:
Open and Inclusive
- 100% volunteer organization.
- Welcoming of all residents.
- A forum to speak and be heard.
- Respect for all points of view.
- Socially conscious.
Influential and Effective
- Fights to preserve and protect Parkdale’s diversity and character.
- Raises awareness of issues affecting residents.
- Sought out by office holders and key decision makers.
- Spearheads and supports community clean-up days, gardening projects, tree planting, street parties, festivals, etc.
- Addresses issues and helps connect residents to services.
Social and Learning Opportunities
- Meet your neighbours, make new friends.
- Learn more about your community.
- Get involved and gain valuable leadership, management, public speaking and other skills and experience.
Invest in Your Community
- A great way to give of your time, experience and expertise.
- Volunteering opportunities of all types, both large and small.